TAD is an award winning, world-class, technology consulting and design firm that creates enterprise workplace environments for some of the nation’s top firms. We’re seeking for:
Monitoring Platform Engineer
TAD is seeking a seasoned Monitoring Platform Engineer with 5+ years’ experience to join our audio-visual media and technology design-consulting firm. This individual will be responsible for the design, engineering, and end to end architecture of the various software elements used to provide our clients with a customized, cross-disciplinary monitoring solutions.
The position has a potential for advancement and offers many options for continuing personal development, as well as the opportunity to learn specialized knowledge from a well-established and diverse group of engineers, experienced designers, and product managers. The position also requires advanced technical subject matter experience and the ability to work closely with team members, vendors, clients and third-party contractors as required. The position will include, but is not limited to:
- Plan, engineer and implement robust and cost-effective monitoring environments, exploiting emerging technologies to provide compelling solutions.
- Maintain and improve our standards and evangelize good practice.
- Manage the building of monitoring infrastructure service.
- Develop dashboards, reports and Run-Book automation.
- Be responsible for the delivery of assigned projects.
- Assist in development of programming processes and standards to make programming work more productive and efficient.
- Help maintain programming documentation in a clear, concise format that can be reused to complete programming projects faster in the future.
- Participate in design, assessment, and coordination among internal teams.
- Attend site visits to determine customer needs and to provide platform support to internal teams and clients.
- Assist with knowledge transfer to internal engineering and operational peers.
- Research new technologies, services and products, and evaluate their applicability to TAD services.
- Maintain knowledge base and offer innovative ideas that will enhance our solutions.
Education or work experience in control and monitoring platforms for audio-visual projects or experience deploying and managing for ScienceLogic platforms.
- Must have strong problem-solving analytical skills and the ability to self-manage.
- Experience with Python, REST API, cloud services, AV device protocols.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and database structures.
- Experience managing Linux servers and AWS instances.
- Understanding of communication protocols (Telnet, SSH, HTTP).
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe)
- Ability to write device configuration documentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate through all available mediums (verbal, listening, writing, presenting)
- Experience with ScienceLogic monitoring platform highly desired.
In addition to a great culture and people, we offer comprehensive benefits, stocked break rooms, relaxed office, and a flexible work environment.
Architectural Designer · London
TAD is looking for a recent (~0-5yrs) graduate in the architecture / interior design field to join our media and technology design firm. Our work is done in coordination with top architectural design firms and largely follows the architectural processes and drawing standards although the focus will be on the role of technology and it’s integration in the built environment. The position will include, but is not limited to:
- The design of spatial and programmatic narratives and concept visualizations that are representative of TAD’s brand.
- Preparation of graphic presentation and schematic design documents.
- Preparation of detailed plans and elevations, review drawings and provide coordination.
- Architectural coordination with design team.
- Field-surveying (including sites in the construction process).
- Construction administration and commissioning.
- Issuance of change orders, bulletins, and memos as needed.
- Taking and enacting design direction from more experienced team members.
- Contribute to design discussions at a basic level and provide design feedback and insights to the team based on a consideration of the larger design ambition
- Contribute to the QC of assigned work and work that intersects.
- Participate in transdisciplinary design on a basic level.
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1-year cumulative professional work experience.
- Knowledge of basic architectural, engineering, and visual design principles and standards
- Ability to execute basic architectural, engineering, or visual design documentation and presentations under direct supervision
- Demonstrable interest in Technology and Experience Design
- Strong graphic and design talent
- Excellent comprehension of Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD and Revit
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Strong spatial awareness and ability to relay concepts
Applicants should have exceptional communication skills, including in-person and presentation. Applicants should also note that, as we are a consulting firm, hours towards licensure are limited. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Architectural Designer · New York
TAD is looking for a qualified BIM Coordinator to support our internal BIM software use and processes while also supporting our team in document production and design representation. This person will be mainly responsible for the oversight of existing software and projects, and the continuing development of standards and training processes however project work will play a part in daily activity. Our work is largely done in coordination with top architectural design firms and follows the architectural process and drawing standards although is limited to audiovisual technology and infrastructure design. This position will include, but is not limited to:
- Support software products, including incorporating new version releases, customization, and troubleshooting of the product.
- Inform the implementation of supporting software for BIM and evaluate new BIM related software and technologies.
- Stay informed on best practices for use of BIM and related software and disseminate the information to appropriate teams.
- Develop, implement, and enforce BIM documentation and workflow process standards.
- Create and maintain of the software Template files.
- Provide support for plotting and electronic file submissions.
- Automate routines in BIM to support standards and productivity.
- Provide quality control for completeness and adherence to company standards
- Liaison with national vendors, corporate technology support staff, software developer support staff and other support channels.
- Provide fundamental and intermediate Revit training, conduct internal continuing education Revit training sessions, and provide technical orientation to new hires regarding BIM tools and digital document distribution.
- Maintain high level of competency of software through continued use and training.
- Communicate with architect and other consultants to receive, coordinate and update all electronic models.
- Provide production support where necessary.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred, but not required. Certifications in CAD/3D drafting preferred, but not required.
2+ Years BIM Design and Management. Architectural / Construction Industry Experience Preferred.
Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Solid organizational and time-management skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Revit, BIM360, AutoCAD, 3D Visualization software.
Creative Technology Producer/Project Manager
We are seeking a Software Project Manager/Producer to lead and track to success across a diverse range of projects ranging from complex audiovisual environments to immersive media activations in built environments.
The Project Manager/Producer works with key stakeholders – TAD internal, client, and partners or contract hires, to define project objectives, budgets, timelines, and outputs. You will manage projects according to the agreed upon frameworks, including both agile and traditional approaches, taking an active leadership role and creating an environment that fosters creativity, teamwork, and a drive for excellence.
You will own and maintain detailed project budgets including costs by phase/deliverable as well as project income/billables. Finally, as the Project Manager you will be able to identify issues proactively, resolve conflicts, and be able to quickly respond via adjustments to processes, milestones, and deliverables.